Continuing Commitment to Patient Safety and High Quality Care.
Who we are, who we serve
The Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association (MHA) is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization comprised of hospitals and health systems, related organizations, and other members with a common interest in promoting the good health of the people of the Commonwealth. Through leadership in public advocacy, education, and information, MHA represents and advocates for the collective interests of its members and supports their efforts to provide high quality, cost effective and accessible care.
While Massachusetts hospitals and other care providers are facing an era of unprecedented change, MHA members remain committed to their most basic mission: caring for people. To continue to fulfill this mission, the hospitals and health systems of Massachusetts support a set of fundamental values. We believe that the health care system must:
- focus on the needs of patients and the health status of the community;
- provide access to care for all members of society;
- use resources wisely and support incentives for high quality, cost-effective care;
- work continuously to improve the quality of care;
- be accountable for its performance to the community;
- fulfill healthcare needs through collaboration and partnerships;
- support innovation and leadership in advancing the clinical process, new delivery models, and ways to lower cost and reconfigure capacity.
further information about MHA membership, please contact Patty Crowley,
V.P., Governance & Member Relations, at (781) 262-6002.