Helping lead the finest healthcare system in the world.
Founded in 1936, the Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association serves as the unified voice for the commonwealth’s hospitals, health systems, and healthcare providers.
We are about driving change for a healthier commonwealth. Our mission is to advance the health of individuals and communities by helping our members provide high-quality, equitable, affordable care – all while pushing the boundaries of healthcare innovation.
We advance this mission through public advocacy, education, and collaboration. We believe the healthcare system must:
- Focus on the needs of patients and the health status of the community
- Provide access to care for all members of society and place health equity at the forefront
- Use resources wisely and support incentives for high-quality, cost-effective care
- Work continuously to improve the quality of care
- Be accountable for its performance to the community
- Fulfill healthcare needs through collaboration and partnerships
- Support innovation and leadership in advancing the clinical process, new delivery models, and ways to lower cost and reconfigure capacity
As the leading voice for the Massachusetts healthcare community, MHA plays a central role in informing public policy. Grounded in the principle of caring for people, we promote responsible policy and reform, encourage public accountability, and foster an appropriate balance between those who provide and those who pay for healthcare services.
Information & Education
MHA serves as a nexus for strategic information and inside perspective on the healthcare environment in Massachusetts and beyond. The goal of MHA’s information services is to provide its membership with the tools they need to support leadership decisions and to understand and manage current, complex, or controversial issues.
Continuing professional education is also a cornerstone of MHA’s service to its members and other healthcare professionals. The association hosts dozens of educational opportunities and flagship conferences each year that bring leaders together to learn, teach, and network.
MHA serves as the primary forum for healthcare leaders to convene, discuss the biggest topics facing their organizations, and chart a unified path forward. This collaboration occurs across virtually every level of healthcare leadership, including CEOs, clinical leaders, operational leaders, and public affairs experts.
Diversity, Health Equity & Inclusion
MHA is committed to weaving diversity, health equity, and inclusion into the fabric of our work and the work of the entire provider community. It is our responsibility to lead by example, both within and outside the healthcare sector.